What Are the Criteria?
Nominated companies are ranked by percentage of cumulative annual growth in revenue for most recent three fiscal years. Companies must meet all three criteria:
1) Business must have been in operation for a minimum of 36 months.
2) Business must have verifiable revenues of at least $100,000 in each of the first two reporting periods and $250,000 for the most recent 12-month period.
3) Business must be owned or operated by a former USF student* who meets one of the following:
- A former USF student or group of former students must have owned 50% or more of the company during the eligible period.
- A former USF student must have served as the company’s chief executive (for example chairman, CEO, president, or managing partner) during the eligible period.
- A former USF student must have founded the company and been active as a member of the most senior management team during the eligible period.
*For the purposes of this award, a “former student” is defined as someone completing 60 hours of coursework at any accredited institution of the USF System
The USF Alumni Association reserves the right to verify that nominees meet the criteria and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any nominee for any reason
What is the Application Process?
1. Anyone can nominate companies through our online form or by contacting Katie Giglio at email@example.com
2. Nominated companies are contacted to verify their desire to participate. Applications are distributed to those who choose to participate.
3. Applications and required documents are provided directly to the CPA firm, Cherry Bekaert LLP, who receive the information and tabulate the results. Neither the University nor the USF Alumni Association see or have access to the company's financial documents.
4. For more detailed information, click here
to see the FAQ section.
2017 Fast 56 Applications Deadline January 27, 2017
2017 Fast 56 Awards Presentation April 28, 2017
2017 Fast 56 Nominations opened in October 2016