The advocacy of USF alumni can – and has been – crucial in winning legislative support for the USF System’s top priorities.
Outlined below are the priorities for the 2016 session. These objectives will provide important returns on investment not only for our university, but for the Tampa Bay community. The resulting research helps solve world problems, and the rising stature of USF increases the value of your degree.
- USF Health Morsani College of Medicine & Heart Institute in Downtown Tampa: $22.5 million (total project requires $55.75 million over the next two fiscal years)
- USF System’s STEM/Health Workforce Development for the 21st Century initiative: $9 million ($2 million for USFSM, $2 million for USFSP, $2.5 million for USF (Tampa), $2.5 million for USF Health)
- Florida Center for Cybersecurity at USF: $5.65 million
- USF Sarasota-Manatee bookstore property disposition to the Sarasota-Manatee Airport Authority: $850,000 in compensation
- Florida Consortium of Metropolitan Research Universities initiative (USF System, UCF & FIU): $12 million
- FIO Research Vessel replacement: $3 million