Fast 56 Awards
About the USF Fast 56
The Fast 56 identifies, recognizes, and celebrates the world's fastest-growing USF Bull-owned or Bull-led businesses. The awards celebrate their success while providing a forum to pass lessons to the next generation of Bull entrepreneurs. Congratulations to all of our past recipients.
Nominated companies are ranked by percentage of cumulative annual growth in revenue for the most recent three fiscal years. Companies must meet all three criteria:
- The company must have been in operation for a minimum of 36 months.
- The company must have verifiable revenue of at least $100,000 for the first two reporting periods and $250,000 for the most recent 12-month period.
- The company must be owned or operated by a former USF student who meets one of the following:
- A former USF student or group of former students must have owned 50% or more of the company during the eligible period.
- A former USF student must have served as the company’s chief executive (e.g. chairman, CEO, president or managing partner) during the eligible period.
- A former USF student must have founded the company and been an active member of the most senior management team during the eligible period.
Nominations and applications will be available in the spring of 2024.
- Anyone can nominate companies through our online form or by contacting Stephanie Shimada at email@example.com or 813-974-9127.
- Nominated companies are contacted to verify their desire to participate. Applications are distributed to those who choose to participate.
- Applications and required documents are provided directly to an independent CPA firm, that receives the information and tabulates the results. The university and the USF Alumni Association can access the companies' financial documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to view answers to frequently asked questions.
USF Fast 56 Scholarship
The USF Fast 56 scholarship embodies the spirit of USF Alumni entrepreneurs who encourage the current generation to dream big. We accept compelling applications from currently enrolled USF students with visionary business ideas. Applicants must submit an essay of up to three (3) pages typed explaining their ideas.
2024 Event Timeline
Nominations and applications open
Nominations and applications close
Award recipients notified
Awards Ceremony and Reception
2023 Fast 56
The 2023 Fast 56 was held on Friday, September 8 when the 56 businesses and their Bull leaders were celebrated in a dramatic countdown to the No. 1 fastest-growing.
Meet the 2023 Fast 56 recipients
Watch the 2023 Fast 56 in 56 seconds